The Academy takes pride in its uniform as we feel that the children look smart in a shirt and tie. Click here to go to the Corporate Tiger website or here to go to the My Clothing website from where you can purchase your uniform. The uniform does not need to have the new Academy logo on it as long as it is the correct colour.
The Academy also has a second-hand uniform rail from which you're welcome to take items for free.
Academy Uniform Policy
We believe it is important to be neatly and suitably dressed because this is more comfortable, it helps the children to feel that they belong and it gives a good impression. We therefore encourage parents to buy clothes for their children that fit in with our dress code.
The uniform is:
- White Shirt and Tie for all pupils (except Reception who can wear polo shirts without a tie all year round). Ordinary and elasticated ties are available from the office.
- Dark Grey Trousers/Shorts & Skirts or Pinafore.
- Dark Grey Socks & Tights.
- Option of white polo shirt for wearing during the Summer Term.
- V-neck jumper / cardigan. Logo ones are available but not necessary.
- An option of a green & white checked dress & white socks for girls during the Summer Term.
- Hair accessories kept to a minimum and must be dark green.
- Fleece jackets are also available for purchase. These are not compulsory and are not to be used in place of jumpers / cardigans, or as coats.
- PE kit will be black shorts and white t-shirt with dark tracksuit for winter outdoor games.
Shoes must be black leather type and flat heeled for girls, and black leather type for boys. No boots are allowed apart from wellingtons! NO OTHER COLOUR IS ALLOWED. Please ensure all uniform is clearly named. Also available are a book bag and a P.E. bag. In bad weather children may wear wellingtons and change into shoes when inside. It is recommended that jewellery should not be worn at the Academy.
A warm top, e.g. hoodie (ideally in dark green or other dark colour) can be worn as an extra layer as our classrooms can be cold due to extra ventilation.
Kedington Primary Academy policy as well as Suffolk County Council policy and in the case of swimming, Abbeycroft Leisure policy, is that jewellery is not worn for sports or swimming.